Operational Readiness Training Complex
1 of 16
The Operational Readiness Training Complex (ORTC) Army Standard Design defines functional/operational requirements for brigade and battalion level transient training and mobilization/demobilization activities. The ORTC SD provides parameters for basic, austere but durable facilities to accommodate the following transient training functions:
- Admin for Battalion level activities
- Billeting (open bay barracks and officer quarters)
- Admin and supply for Company level activities
- Vehicle Maintenance Shop (organizational vehicle and equipment maintenance with temporary warehouse storage)
- Admin for Brigade level activities
The ORTC SD applies to Active, Reserve and National Guard Component facilities on Army Installations, with the exception of facilities intended for permanent party (non-transient) soldiers, Initial Entry Training, Advanced Individual Training, or Warrior Transition Units, which are addressed by separate Standard Designs. Transient training facilities are intended for up to 90 day training periods.
Facility requirements are predicated on current force structure alignments established for Brigade Combat Teams (BCT).A Brigade Complex is composed of six (6) individual battalion sets that can accommodate a population ranging from 752 (intended) to 880 (maximum capacity), and an overall BCT/UA population of 4512 (intended) to 5280 (maximum capacity).
Battalion set is composed of:
|Facility Type||CATCD (1)||GSF (4)||Notes|
|Barracks||72114||30,669 ea bldg. or 61,227 ea bldg||Four 2-Story Bldgs per battalion set, or Two 4-Story Bldgs per battalion set|
|Officer’s Quarters (2)||72412||22,857|||
|Dining Facility (3)||72212||17,440 or 21,290||720PN (Small) - Supports 1 Battalion set or 1428PN (Large) - Supports 2 Battalion sets|
|Company Headquarters||14186||19,579||Supports Six Companies|
|Vehicle Maintenance Shop||21406||10,200||Motor Pool Hardstand (33,000 SY)|
|Brigade Headquarters||14187||10,241||One required per six battalion complex|
(1) No Cat Code exists for the ORTC Complex. When identifying a project, utilize the cat code of largest facility.
(2) COS, Honolulu District (POH).
(3) COS, Norfolk District (NAO).
(4) GSF calculated in accordance with UFC 3-101-01