COS Manager: Joey Behr
The Center of Standardization (CoS) for Nonpermanent Facilities
The CoS is responsible for:
- Development and review of Army designs for temporary and semi-permanent facilities as defined in UFC 1-201-01
- Ensuring that alterations to designs comply with UFC 1-201-01
- Being an active participant in the design process for designs not overseen by the CoS
- Instruction of FEST curricula regarding UFC 1-201-01, 1-201-02 and 1-202-01
- Creation of functional spaces for various missions within standard exterior envelopes
- Maintaining lines of communication with Combatant Command Engineer staffs
- Coordination with the CoS for Contingency Design is mandatory per ECB No. 2016-18 paragraph 5. a.
The CoS accomplishes these responsibilities through:
- breaking the custom design paradigm
- facilitating creation of Joint/Army design standards
- being Army’s design agent for ALL temporary and semi-permanent facilities
- developing base camp layout utilizing standard designs
- conceptualizing and designing all facilities for base camps
- creating innovative construction solutions for customers
Full Service 3D Printing and High Resolution 3D modeling/animation
- To scale interactive 3D models of facilities, layouts, Masterplans, awards, etc.
To see if the CoS has a design solution for your requirements, complete the checklist and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Scroll down to Library to see Non Permanent Army Facility Standards.
|ECB No. 2016-18|
|Non-Permanent Army Facility Standards|